It’s that time of year again. The leaves will soon start to change colors, the temperatures will begin to drop, and schools will have there classrooms full.
It’s a nice time of year. Everyone seems to get back into a good routine, including worship leaders.
The summer can take its toll on both your volunteers and you as the leader. You need to get refreshed and recharged spiritually and physically. You need to get your team back on the same page as well as reconnecting with them as friends.
It’s a Perfect Time
There’s no better time to get everyone back together than right now. With vacations over and school starting back up, the fall is a great time to throw a party.
I usually do this during the month of September so it’s still nice enough to be outside. Plus, it’s before everything really starts getting busy.
There are quite a few reasons why you should consider having a fall meeting with your team, below I’ve laid out a few of the more important reasons.
There are quite a few reasons this is important for you and your team.
- It’s just good to get everybody back together. We need to spend time outside of the church hanging out.
- You can share your vision for your worship team and your church.
- It’s always important to remind your team of your values, policies and procedures.
- Set the course for any major changes that you’d like to see take place.
- Introduce new members to the whole team.
- Encouragement. You get to inspire and encourage your team about the high value of what they are doing.
- And last but not least, you get to share how thankful you are for them and for their service.
This can be an incredible time for alignment within your team. It’s also a nice reminder for those who have been serving along side you for a while as well as for those who have just recently joined your team.
What do you do with your team in the fall?